Sri Lankan Airlines, the National Carrier of Sri Lanka operates throughout Asia, the Middle East, London and Melbourne. The Airline has a strong presence in Maldives and Southern India. Sri Lankan is a member of the `oneworld’ alliance.
The Sri Lankan team is seeking dynamic individuals to join as;
Plant & Equipment Mechanic (Welder) Key responsibilities include:
- Assist to replace or repair faulty parts using OXY/ ARC/ TIG/ MIS welding, hand-fitting, machining, straightening or making new metal parts to meet the factory condition of equipment/ vehicles.
- Assist to carryout maintenance work on existing units, including testing, fault-finding, dismantling, repair or replace of faulty parts, re-assembly and final testing to ensure serviceability levels of Ground Support Equipment (GSE).
- Assist to carryout disassembly/ repair/ assembly/ testing inspections of components in compliance with regularity standards and escalate them to the superiors where necessary.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards & work in safe manner to avoid damaging equipment, tools, components, engines, accessories etc.
Plant & Equipment Mechanic (Paint) Key responsibilities include:
- Assist to carry out painting of vehicles/ equipment for regular maintenance in conforming to the company standards (colours).
- Maintain good housekeeping standards and work in safe manner to avoid damaging equipment, tools, components, engines, accessories etc.
- Carryout disassembly/ repair/ assembly/ testing inspections of components in compliance with regularity standards and escalate them to the superiors where necessary.
- Ability to drive GSE and capable of positioning as per the requirement.
The applicant should possess the following minimum requirements for the above positions.
- 6 passes at GCE 0/L with 4 Credits in one sitting and a Pass for English
- Full Trade qualification ( NVQ Level 3 certificate in a relevant trade)
- Possession of a light vehicle driving license.
Upper age limit: 30 years as at 20. March 2019.
Be a Sri Lanka:: citizen.
We are an equal opportunity Organization.
Applications (with copies of educational / professional certificates / driving license attached) along with your contact number and e-mail address should be forwarded to the Talent Resourcing & Overseas HR Operations Manager, Human Resources Division, SriLankan Airlines Limited, Airline Centre, Bandaranaike International Airport, Katunayake, Sri Lanka, stating the post applied for on the upper left corner of the envelope, to reach us on or before 20 th March 2019.
Influencing will be a reflection of unsuitability.
Please note that we will correspond with you within a ma. of closing the advertisement in the event your application is shortlisted for consideration.